Monday, January 23, 2012

Freezer Paper stenciling and broken gates

Yesterday, I thought I'd try my hand at some freezer paper stenciling, like I'd seen on pinterest. I got out my photo, my wax paper, my marker and scissors and traced my sweet puppy's head onto the paper. It was a little confusing, though. I couldn't find the "shiny" side. They both seemed shiny, but I continued and then cut out my creation, being careful to keep both the positive and negative intact so I could have each side of the throw pillow I am making opposite. I lay the wax paper stencil down and began to iron... no dice. It just shriveled and confused me. After a quick call to my grandmother, I learned that wax paper≠freezer paper. I'm headed to the store this afternoon and will post a "Puppy Pillow" tutorial.


xoxo
Jess


Also, our back gate no longer latches. Until our handyman gets back from vacation sometime this week, the gate is tied together with an old Petco sack. Yeah, we're classy, but Moose can't just go strolling around the neighborhood like he tried to do Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment